Conflicts happen everywhere. In our daily lives, at work and at school. The nature of scientific work may contribute to arising of disputes, in particular taking into account the following factors:
- intellectual independence,
- individual nature of the work,
- lack of preparation for teamwork,
- lack of preparation for team management,
- hierarchical structure of the university,
- work in several places at the same time.
The administrative staff in turn is often struggling with everyday problems concerning their relationship with the academic staff and students. They may result, for example, out of the ever-increasing number of tasks and in consequence, an increased workload.
The mediators of the Centre for Dispute and Conflict Resolution are professionals who support the parties in solving conflict situations related to working and studying at our University:
- we help the parties identify their problems and interests,
- we offer mediation or other actions aimed at resolving the conflict,
- we accompany the parties in finding the best and most appropriate solutions,
- our goal is to further develop ways of reaching an agreement in the future if faced with possible new conflicts without the assistance of a third party,
- we help build a culture of open and constructive communication at the University.
Mediation with the participation of academic staff and students of the University of Warsaw regarding disputes related to working and studying at the University of Warsaw is free of charge.